Show HN: Linkidex – Bookmarks, but way better. https://ift.tt/KAyfPjb

Show HN: Linkidex – Bookmarks, but way better. Hi HN! My name is David (david@linkidex.com) and I am the author of Linkidex (www.linkidex.com)! My goal is to make bookmarks better. I built Linkidex because I was getting overwhelmed by the number of things I had to keep track of on the internet during my day to day job. Constantly needing to re-find various wikis or jira epics or project proposals or whatever was eating into my day. I was using a chrome extension to manage urls, but the extension was getting unwieldy as my list of “important URLs” grew and I started looking for alternatives. There are a few really cool bookmark managers out there, but I wasn’t satisfied with what I saw. Regular bookmarks don’t cut it either for me as I need something that works across browsers and devices. Thus, Linkidex was born. The most basic idea with Linkidex is that you can go to Linkidex and just start typing. Linkidex will search across your link titles, link urls, categories, and tags all at once. Click the result you are looking for and it opens in a new tab. If you want to scope your search by specific categories or tags you can do that too. Linkidex is a progressive web application. It (mostly) works offline and it can be downloaded to your phone and act like a native app without requiring you to grant it any permissions. The back end is rails, and the front end is React, Typescript and GraphQL. Security wise it is deployed to AWS. The database and back end are all wrapped up in a VPC. The front end supports 2 factor and WebAuthn, so you can use a yubikey or your device's fingerprint reader as your second factor. Linkidex can import and export bookmarks to and from your favorite browser. That said, I’ve limited the number of links / categories / tags a given user can have for now on Linkidex to prevent anything insane from happening. All feedback / feature requests / complaints / whatever welcome. Thanks for checking out Linkidex! https://linkidex.com/ October 11, 2022 at 12:05AM

Komentar

Postingan populer dari blog ini

Show HN: Interactive exercises for GNU grep, sed and awk https://ift.tt/OxeFwah

Show HN: My Book Bulletproof TLS and PKI (Second Edition) Is Out https://ift.tt/5PZ9mxF